Sunday, May 23

Detox Special: Marinated Chicken with Rice

fotod 007

For the marinade:

I grinded about 3 cm piece of fresh ginger root and 2 garlic cloves, then added 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, tablespoon of honey and some olive oil. I cut 2 chicken breasts into small strips and mixed with the marinade and left it in the fridge for about an hour.

The rest of the deal:

While the chicken is marinating I cut some vegetables that I had in my fridge, namely yellow paprika, celery and carrots.

Once the chicken was ready to go I heated up the wok pan with some olive oil and added the chicken which I cooked until it was ready, but not yet starting to get darker colour. Then I tossed in the vegetables along with the mix of water, soya and sesame seed oil and cooked for a few more minutes. I personally prefer my vegetables crunchy, so the vegerables were cooked very mildly. Before removing I sprinkled some sesame seeds.

What makes this dish special in  my opinion is the big amount of ginger root in marinade which made the chicken very juicy. I was surprised myself with the result to be honest, since it was one of those random experiments where you use whatever you have got in your fridge! :))

Last but not least, the chicken was served with brown rice.

 

P.S. the chopsticks are for decoration in the photo, I am too lazy to eat with them. :P

No comments: