Monday, July 19

Honey on your Goat Cheese

 

It was one of those days I felt nostalgic about beet, my last year's favourite friend to fool around in the kitchen. And there is no better combination than beet and goat cheese with a dash of honey!

Beet and Goat Cheese

There is not much fuss about this little snack:

1. Boil your beet until ready. Let it cool before removing the skin or be ready to burn your fingers.

Since I was in a hurry (read: hungry) I let some ice cold water to run on it to speed up the cooling process.

2. Pre-heat the oven to 225 Celsius (I used grill mode).

3. Cut thick circles of beet (1 cm), atop with slices of goat cheese and off to the oven it goes.

I think I kept it there approximately 10-15 minutes until the goat cheese looked nice and mildly browned.

4. Toast your favourite boccata bread. Add some olive oil for the extra flavour and set the beet and goat cheese on top of it. Continue with some honey, then freshly ground black pepper and something green (I had coriander, but I bet basil and ruccola leaves do it the same justice).

No comments: