Sunday, November 14

HI, I AM PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE!

As much as I love the healthy approach to eating I have to admit that in life everything must be in balance. One of my sins is the peanut butter. It's one of those childhood things, I feel I never had enough of it in my childhood (because of Soviet Union and the  90s where nothing was sold and everything was hard to find) and I always wanted more of it. Same thing goes with Kinder Surprise and Lego. But back to peanut butter! I found  this recipe below a long time ago, but never got around to making it since I usually don't have peanut butter at home (for obvious health related reasons!). But today was not one of those regular mornings, because today I had peanut butter in my fridge and incidentally no mood to take the 11 AM fitness class, how convenient! So what happened next needs no describing..

DSC_0337

Original recipe can be found in Estonian here. Translation into English below with some minor changes:

115 g flour

half teaspoon soda

115 g butter

125 g sugar

1 egg

225 g peanut butter

50 g nuts (i had a mix of peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts) that are grounded into rough pieces

half tsp vanilla sugar

If your butter is not room temperature soft then melt it and mix well with sugar. Continue beating up the mix by adding  the egg. Then add peanut butter and mix well.

Separately mix all the flour, vanilla sugar and soda. Add to the rest of mixture together with nuts. Mix well and leave in fridge for about 20-30 minutes.

Oven temperature around 180 C. Put a baking sheet on the baking tray and take spoonful of dough, put it on the tray and flatten with fork (but make sure the cookies are nice round shaped). Bake around 15-18 minutes (depends on the size of the cookies) until they are golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool completely before serving.

I must admit, they were a hit today - my mother had three pieces and she never eats that much sweets at once!

No comments: