Friday, May 14

The Detox Special: Fish and Quinoa salad

 

To give you a better idea of what my detox project looks and tastes like I'd like to share my today's dinner with you in pictures and words. :)

I think this way of making fish is one of my classics. It's an absolute winner every time!

DSC03652

Quinoa Salad:

First make the quinoa as said in the instructions, usually takes about 20 minutes to cook it. Meanwhile chop tomato, goat cheese, avocado, basil. Mix everything together and add olive oil. Done! :)

Fish:

I use fish fillet and today I made bass/perch, but any kind of fish goes really, salmon included. Naturally whole fish can be made too.

First I chopped some garlic and fresh ginger. Meanwhile I heated up some olive oil in a frying pan and added the garlic and ginger, sauted it a bit until garlic was golden then added the fish and covered for 2 minutes. Poured a little bit of water so that the bottom of the pan is covered, added heat so it started to boil, then reduced and covered. Some minutes later I flipped the fish to the other side and let it simmer there another couple of minutes, covered. Then removed from heat. Notice that I am not adding any salt nor any other spices, there's really no need to kill the natural taste of this divine fish. ;)

When I started eating I added a bit of low salt soy sauce and there we have the Merle's version of Chinese steamed fish!

I have to say it's a real quick health-freak fix, because it doesn't take more than 30 minutes to cook (quinoa is the longest to make). Detox in mind I should have of course steamed the fish, but the frying part is really minimum here as well.

No comments: